Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the software system you are about to choose is very important! What are the risks of choosing the wrong b2b ecommerce solution? Read and find out!
When considering a b2b ecommerce solution, it is essential to understand both strength and weaknesses of the system you select. There are three types of software systems for b2b businesses to choose from:
- There are open-source content management systems without a support team. Some of the best b2b platforms examples are Drupal, Umbraco, and WordPress.
- There are platforms that are built as ecommerce solutions including Shopify, Magento, and others. These platforms allow users to add and edit items, create categories, and have a checkout process for products that are just purchased.
- There are other software system solutions that are either strong ecommerce platforms or strong CMS platforms. A few examples to keep in mind are Episaver, Acquia, Sitecore, and etc.
The b2b businesses usually have complex needs (these needs are related to reference documentation, spec sheets, videos, unique customer pricing, custom shipping rules, and etc).
When it comes to choosing a b2b ecommerce solution, you need to be careful, not to make a mistake and choose the wrong platform. What are the risks of choosing the wrong b2b ecommerce solution?
- Does not integrate well – When software solutions are patched together, there is a chance that you may lose the chance to integrate content with ecommerce. The CMS software platforms are usually not built for linking your other solutions systems and fulfilling orders in the same way that ecommerce software platforms do.
- Not customizable – Depending on the ecommerce software, you may be limited of what types of customizations options to use. There are many b2b businesses that have their own business rules including custom shipping for specific items and etc. and some of these customizations are not supported by some software solutions.
- Requires sacrifices – To build a site on a b2b ecommerce solution that is not suitable for your needs, you may need to give up some of your original requirements. What sacrifices are you willing to make? Is that necessary? What might those sacrifices cost your b2b business company in the long run?
Knowing these risks will encourage you to make an extra effort and find the best and most suitable b2b ecommerce solution for your business! Good luck!
Contact us for all your QA/Testing needs @whizztesting #testing #mobileapps #mobiletesting #website #webdeveloper #webapp #web #webdesign #code #coding #programming #agil #waterfall #softwaretesting #ecommerce #ecommercesite #aq #tech #technology #womanintech #uidesign #uxdesign pic.twitter.com/S46X6NS12I
— WhizzTesting (@WhizzTesting) 15 de junio de 2018